Scoville NeverStick Frying Pan review – is this the best non-stick coating ever?
EDIT as at 2017: new content is no longer being posted to this Website. Please contact the respective manufacturer/company for up-to-date information about each product reviewed.
How many times have you bought supposed non-stick pots and pans, only for the coating to disappear after a few uses and washes?
Wouldn’t it be nice to cook food without having to scrape it from the bottom of the pan, and without having to soak it afterwards?
Imagine if you had a non-stick pan that’s truly “non-stick”, that could be used without oil or butter for a healthier everyday lifestyle? How nice that would be!
Here’s the Scoville NeverStick Frying Pan review
Amazingly, the Scoville NeverStick coating does just that – it never sticks.
How do I know?
We bought the 28cm Scoville NeverStick frying pan a few months ago. We’ve used it pretty much on a daily basis and I don’t ever recall seeing food stuck on it – without using any oil or butter, the food never sticks.
That’s pretty incredible, right?!
It’s all to do with the patented “Scoville NeverStick” coating which Imperial International Ltd uses for all its Scoville products to give a quality cooking experience.
What’s Imperial International Limited?
Imperial International Limited’s a UK company with over 45 years’ experience in the homewares industry – a heritage dating back to 1908.
You’ll probably recognise Imperial from its well-known brand portfolio which includes:
- Ready Steady Cook kitchen appliances
- Spiegelau crystal glassware
- Spirella bathroom fashion
- Eaziglide, Eazigrip and Scoville ranges of technologically advanced non-stick cookware
Imperial prides itself on “…in-house design and innovation, high levels of product availability and excellence in customer service.” [source: http://www.imperialgb.com/]
What’s the Scoville NeverStick coating and how does it work?
Scoville is the first range to feature the NeverStick special reinforced coating. It’s the latest in non-stick technology to prevent food being stuck on your pots and pans whilst cooking.
With its patented non-stick coating, primer coating and innovative toughening process, it never peels or flakes.
The NeverStick coating’s been scientifically tested against a comparable non-stick coating, to see how long each would last when scrubbed with a scouring pad.
The NeverStick coating lasted an incredible 5 x longer than the comparable non-stick coating.
Not only does it last a very long time, but the Scoville range includes a life-time guarantee to replace the pan when/if the coating begins to fade.
Scoville NeverStick coating’s 5 x stronger than other non-stick coatings and includes a life-time guarantee.
Its superior features make cooking with the Scoville NeverStick frying pan much easier:
- 5 x stronger than standard non-stick pans
- made of 3.5mm forged aluminium
- quick and efficient heat distribution
- stay-cool Bakelite handle for a comfortable grip
- suitable for all hob types, including induction hobs
- suitable for dry frying without oil or butter
- dishwasher safe
- lifetime guarantee
What’s the difference between Scoville NeverStick coating and other non-stick coatings?
- Aluminium non-stick pans are generally lightweight, whereas the Scoville NeverStick pan is slightly heavier, so may not be suitable if you have weak or arthritic wrists. Having said that, I actually prefer the heavier weight as it makes it feel sturdy and durable.
You’ll have noticed that many non-stick pans are easily chipped and scratched, causing the coating to flake into your food.
Fortunately, this won’t be an issue with the Scoville NeverStick coating as it doesn’t chip or flake. You’ll never need to pay for a costly replacement either as Imperial’s guarantee will replace it for free
- You’ve probably noticed some pans quickly warp under thermal shock ie, an overheated empty pan, a hot pan in contact with cold water or placed on a cold surface, etc.
Warping’s unlikely to happen with Scoville Neverstick coating as it’s extremely durable. However for good practice, it’s advisable to always let the pan cool down after cooking before washing it, and never accidentally let the pan boil dry.
Scoville NeverStick’s a good quality, trusted brand range
What’s it like using the Scoville NeverStick frying pan?
As you’ll remember from reading my Stockpot review, it’s my husband who’s the chef in the family, so it’s his opinion that I’d trust when testing cooking utensils.
But for this review, I didn’t need to ask his opinion as I could tell he liked the Scoville NeverStick frying pan. Not only did he often comment about how fast the pan heated up and its ease of non-stick cooking features, but I could see the never-stick results for myself.
We use the Scoville NeverStick frying pan on a daily basis to cook all types of food such as fried rice, eggs, meats, vegetables, sauces, omelettes etc.
The food’s well-cooked, tastes nice and is healthier to eat without needing the usual oil or butter whilst cooking.
I like the pan’s sturdy arched handle securely bolted to the pan, which is comfortable to hold and never becomes hot whilst cooking.
The frying pan’s dark grey stone colour’s unusual compared to the shiny coloured pans most of us are used to seeing, but I really like it. The granite stone colour makes you think of strength and durability, which works well to remind you of the pan’s long lasting NeverStick quality.
I’m really glad we bought the Scoville NeverStick frying pan, and I’d happily recommend it to others.
The Scoville NeverStick frying pan’s ideal for those on a health-kick (not having to use any oil or butter) and for those wanting to cook great food without it sticking to the pan
What’s the benefits of using the Scoville NeverStick frying pan?
From the cook’s perspective:
- food doesn’t stick to the pan
- for convenience, the Scoville range has four frying pan sizes: 20cm, 24cm, 28cm and 30cm
- quickly reaches high temperatures with efficient heat distribution
- well-balanced, sturdy handle that stays cool and is comfortable to hold
- NeverStick coating doesn’t scratch, chip, flake or peel so there’s no danger of ingestion or inhalation
- style and colour fits in well with any kitchen decor
From the washer-up person’s perspective:
cleans very easily with or without a dishwasher
- the metal base is easy to clean and stays shiny for longer – usually the base of pans become discoloured due to the high temperatures used whilst cooking, but I noticed that the Scoville NeverStick base is still shiny even after a few months of daily use. As a washer-upper, you notice these things and I’m impressed!
Where can you buy the Scoville NeverStick frying pan?
There’s no need to buy other expensive well-known brands with short-lived non-stick promises, or be tempted by the false economy of buying a pack of value pans which’ll soon need replacing.
That’s a really good price considering Scoville NeverStick’s so much more than a non-stick coating – it’s high quality, long lasting and includes a lifetime guarantee
Note: this review is a general resource, not intended to be professional advice.
- Monzo Bank review – 100% smartphone banking exceeds expectations - 16th October 2016
- Atom Bank review – the new player on the banking field - 4th September 2016
- How to use SendinBlue email automation – step-by-step guide - 19th August 2016